I guess it's about staring the train wreck down, right down to the rail road ties, sifting through smoke, metal and memory. "Bravery is not for the beautiful."

Mostly you will find posts that contain poems, paragraphs or narrative non-fiction in process or my thoughts on my writing adventures and of course there may be the occasional rant.

I am currently doing "the grind". It's where one writer invites another to be apart of a group. For one month the group of you email new work every day. That means I am writing every day. I will be updating more often, trying to get a little bit more comfortable putting my work "out there".

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Some Times Poems Come as a Mismatched Set


There have been poems that keep slipping between my fingers, like pennies
I can never have enough
Save enough
For the right moment
I spend too much
On trivial shit
A moments pleasure
Like a $5 photo taken with an aging Llama
Or words cashed in
On lovers who never loved
Me
We
start again
With outstretched palms
And empty
Pockets.

*******
It's 9 pm
Time encrusted with
A perfect sunset
Your mountain is
Blushing
Warm pink
With lavender creases
I think even
The landscape misses
Your smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment